Igloo Software, the leading provider of digital workplace solutions, has released findings from their latest study, which examines how employees are collaborating, the effectiveness of knowledge management tools and practices, and the level of employee confidence in the security and their ability to use the tools at work.
The study showed that employees lack a central hub for storing company documents and information, and think security and privacy policies are unclear. If you think this doesn’t have an impact on employee engagement, think again, because it does. Do you want to work for a company where you can’t find the critical information needed to do your job effectively and where the tech is so archaic that employees use a collection of non-sanctioned apps that create more problems than they solve? Me neither.
Some of the findings from the study include:
- 32% of employees have avoided sharing a document with a colleague because it would take too long to find.
- 41% of employees use non-sanctioned apps in the workplace because that’s what they use in their personal lives.
- 31% percent of employees would obtain their company logo from a Google search.
“It’s alarming to see how many organizations lack a clear collaboration and knowledge management strategy,” said Mike Hicks, Igloo’s vice president of Marketing & Strategy. “Employees must have convenient access to the most recent documents and company policies, and organizations must make this information easily available company-wide.”
Departmental and industry findings include:
- 53% of healthcare professionals are only somewhat confident that a document they are accessing is the most updated version.
- Among financial services employees surveyed, 48% are only somewhat confident the information stored on their organization’s intranet is secure.
- 40% of HR professionals have avoided sharing a document with a co-worker because it would be too difficult to find.
WHAT CAN I DO? The workplace is always evolving, and Igloo Software is helping organizations digitally transform, providing employees with a simple and effective way to collaborate and communicate, which increases employee engagement. Access Igloo’s “State of the Digital Workplace 2018” report here and see me speak live at #ICE ’18 this September in San Antonio, TX. I will be taking the main stage, along with other experts at the premier digital workplace event of the year. You can save $200 if you register before July 13 and you can learn about ICE ‘18 here. I look forward to meeting you live in Texas.